Students are required to attend school dressed in the uniform as set out below. Uniform standards must be adhered to, and parental support is essential in maintaining standards. The uniform must be tidy and well cared for at all times, including when students are arriving to and leaving from the school. It is the responsibility of the parents to ensure that their child(ren) are in the proper uniform attire.
The Pretty River Academy uniform is supplied by Gap. To ensure uniform continuity, we ask that our school community use The Gap exclusively for their uniform purchases. Uniform clothing must be crested (where applicable) at Graphic Warehouse in Collingwood.
Uniform guidelines must be adhered to as per below and these standards will be strictly enforced.
- The uniform must be tidy and well cared for at all times, including when students are arriving to and leaving from the school.
- Crested uniform pieces should be done at Graphic Warehouse.
- We recommend pants, shorts, skorts and skirts be The Gap brand. We recognize some of our students have fit issues with bottoms, and therefore other brands are permitted for bottoms, provided they conform to the guidelines listed, are in good condition and worn properly. Bottoms must be the correct size and be worn so that the waistband fits around the waist. Skirts, skorts and shorts (including gym) must be worn no higher than 3 inches above the knee when standing.
- It is recommended for those students in preschool to grade 6 that they wear shorts under their skirts. Students in grade 7 and above wearing skirts must wear tights in either grey, black or blue in colour.
- Clothing worn that is NOT listed below is not acceptable to wear, even if crested. For example no cardigans, non-PRA sweatshirts, polo dresses, short shorts. Students may only wear what is on the list!
- Parents of students who are not in compliance with the uniform guidelines will be asked to bring the proper uniform to school immediately, or the student will be required to retrieve the proper item(s) from the used uniform shop and your account will be charged $5 per item. Parents are responsible to ensure their child has the proper uniform, to be worn daily, when school starts.
- Pre-School uniform requirements differ from uniform requirement for students in Grade 1 to 12. Bluebird, JK and SK students are also permitted to wear a physical education uniform outside of physical education periods. Preferred shoes are those with velcro closures to facilitate independence. Please contact Mrs. Scarrow with any questions regarding the Pre-School uniform email@example.com.
- Students are required to wear black shoes Monday-Friday
- Flip flops, sandals, backless shoes, slippers, heels higher than 2 inches are not permitted at any time
- To protect our gymnasium floor, students also require court shoes for use ONLY in gym class or other athletic extra-curricular activities.
There are two uniforms:
- Regular (or Casual) Uniform- worn all days:
- Khaki Pants (dress style only, no cargo pants)
- Khaki Golf Shorts (dress style only, no cargo pants)
- Option for Female Students: Khaki Box Pleated Skirt (uniform style only), Khaki Pleated Skirt (uniform style only)
- Girls may also wear khaki skorts
- Note: Skirts and skorts must be worn no higher than 3 inches above the knee when standing
- The Gap Golf Shirt - navy blue, long or short sleeved (crested)
- Appropriate conservative shoes
- Navy, Black, or Grey Socks
- Appropriate belt, if desired.
- Physical Education Uniform - worn for all physical education activities.
- The Gap White Round Neck Gym Shirt (crested)
- Navy/Black Basketball Shorts (worn no higher than 3 inches above the knee –no short shorts) or full length pants
- Black capri or full length yoga pants for girls
- White Athletic Socks
- Court shoes for use ONLY in gym class or other athletic extra-curricular activities (these are in addition to indoor shoes to protect our gymnasium floor)