Pretty River Academy offers a positive and secure environment in which students realize their own unique abilities and are challenged to “Strive for Excellence”.
This is achieved through small class size, qualified, talented instructors and supportive links developed between students, teachers, parents and community.
To make the best of prime learning time, the school day begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. The early years program runs until 2:30pm, five days a week.
We help students become secure, critical thinkers and intellectual risk takers who embrace education with focus, purpose and joy.
Pretty River Academy incorporates the following principles from the “Reggio Emilia” approach:
- Belief in the child’s intrinsic abilities.
- Utilization of environment, including outdoors and culture of our area, to enhance learning.
- Strong emphasis in art, music and drama.
- Early Years Program – emergent curriculum and project approach.
- Documentation of learning through photographs and other media.